It’s early and my calendar has reminded me over the fact today is lover’s day aka Valentines Day. But you know what it’s not. Sure the media and marketing side of the world will shove the ideas of the ‘perfect way to spend today’. But lets take a moment to just sit back and realise we’re the ones who need to love ourselves. Self love is so flipping important and yet it is not talked about enough on days like today.
This is how i’ll be spending my Valentines day and some tips for you!
- Not feeling sad or sorry for myself for being single because the single life gives me such freedom and spontaneous fun.
- Not in doubt of my worth just because I don’t have a significant other to bathe me in flowers, chocolates or love notes. Words from friends and family today are just as significant as from a partner. Send love to your friends and family because they deserve it so much! Also remember to give your pets lots of love today too because they’ve been there for you and it’s important to be there for them!
- Treat yourself! Buy that album you’ve wanted to buy. Drive yourself to your favourite dessert place to get your favourite snack. Embrace the moments just as much as this over marketed days show you to.
- Take moments in the day to reflect on how far you’ve come as a person. Your achievements whether big or small are notable and you should be proud of yourself.
- If you wanna do something truly awesome and giving. Donate to my head shave for Canteen! https://givealittle.co.nz/fundraiser/aheadshavetoremember Would mean so much and the money is going to a better place then that box of chocolate will be going.
All in all don’t hate on yourself for being single. It’s fine, great and wonderful to be. The day will come and if you don’t feel it will, do something actively to make it feel like it will!
Here’s a cheesy picture of me showing my self love by allowing myself to post a selfie online (which i barely do these days).