I’m not gonna lie i’m about 2 weeks of content behind. I have planned literally 16 posts in which I have left the ideas sitting floating on a paper, instead of actually typing them out to post on a schedule. It’s not the fact i’m overwhelmed, but more the fact that the pattern of it all somehow bores me. I love writing don’t get me wrong. But when you have mountains full of it and the setup is somewhat similar it just becomes something that is easy to push to the side and do something else. The fact i’m also in Auckland and meeting new people and discovering new places is also probably the greatest of distractions.
Despite that, I am still sitting on the floor typing right now.
I went to the Avondale Market this morning which was nice and is always a pleasant place to go to soak up the great rush of fruit/veg and bargains. But right now I thought you know what, i’ll write a post just to tell all who reads my writing that it’s all good over here, i’m just a little tied up in keeping it exciting for myself.
I’m thinking the best ways to keep it exciting is
- To write about things on the day it happens or close to when it happens.
- Find a nice space that is quite and you can think straight and put yourself into the mood to write it all out
- Prepare yourself by not only planning but putting all the pictures in a file so it’s easy when it comes too it.
- Find somewhere that is cold because Auckland right now is too much for me and I just want to lie down and listen to music every moment of the day
- Lastly, use the internet to give you a passion to want to say something to the world. Look into current events or listen to your favourite album again just to rekindle the spark that you feel when you writing.
Either way I hope you’re enjoying your weekend! Make the most of the hopefully good weather that you’re getting right now.